Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So when is everyone going?

In the past it was arrive Tuesday depart Sunday. But this year the dates are June 20 to 23, which is Wednesday to Saturday.

The last two years I got into town on Tuesday.

I am thinking this year that I will get in on Wednesday.

I am not sure when I will leave yet. I am thinking either Saturday after the Softball game OR stay Saturday night and leave Sunday. I am not sure on this yet as I don't really want to miss Saturday night in NYC.

So what is everyone's plans on this?
I need to start working on my plans. Right now I am thinking about Wednesday through Sunday. I will use miles for my ticket but the rooms are so expensive. I really liked staying in Manhattan last year and would like to do it again. I was talking to a fellow db in Indiana and he is thinking about going and mentioned splitting a room. The problem is finding a hotel with two beds that is still somewhat affordable. I know Eddie is staying in Long Island City and only 4 stops away from the studio.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
I am staying the same place as last year. My buddy Chico, who knows the guys, is going this year and we are splitting a room. Manhattan is the way to go. If you split with someone, you can get a good place for under $150 a night each.
JDubb, check out the Gershwin Hotel on 27th and 5th. My wife and I toured the place for future reference and it is nice. It is like a hostel but nicer and without some of the creepy hostel feel.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gershwinhotel.com/">http://www.gershwinhotel.com/</a><!-- m -->
Joe, are you gonna stay over this year? At least one night, if not two?

That would be cool, we could do so much more.
Less than 3 miles from the studio(4 stops on the subway). In getting in Tuesday night late & leaving Sun around noon. $127 per night. Split between two isn't bad at all!!!
[Image: a6cd0983-6d4f-4b9a.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Joe, are you gonna stay over this year? At least one night, if not two?

That would be cool, we could do so much more.

I don't even know if I'm going at all. It depends on if my party is the following weekend or not.

If I do go I was thinking I'd stay Friday night and maybe even Thursday night too. Driving up and back in the same day last year sucked.
Wes in ID and I are staying Tuesday night till Sunday..only thing I regret from last year is leaving Saturday morning. Guys did stuff that would of been fun to do. As far as hotel. Think we are going to stay either where Eddie is or a place up the street from studio
All depends on the scheduling for me.

Since I drive to the game & live locally, I did not hang around the last 2 years. I missed out on dinner the first year & arrived late.

So The Friday when everything happens works out the best for me. All depends on my job.

Lets all go down to Atlantic City Saturday & Sunday for the Orion Music Festival :rock:
Donginator Wrote:All depends on the scheduling for me.

Since I drive to the game & live locally, I did not hang around the last 2 years. I missed out on dinner the first year & arrived late.

So The Friday when everything happens works out the best for me. All depends on my job.

Lets all go down to Atlantic City Saturday & Sunday for the Orion Music Festival :rock:

Saturday at noon is the dudebro softball game
When is Rich's stand up? I am going to Atlantic City that week, I don't think the drive to NYC would be too far, maybe a few hours? If it was Friday night I would like to see the Friday show then go see the stand up later, then drive to AC.
It is Friday and it's less than two hours drive from AC.
DaveP Wrote:When is Rich's stand up? I am going to Atlantic City that week, I don't think the drive to NYC would be too far, maybe a few hours? If it was Friday night I would like to see the Friday show then go see the stand up later, then drive to AC.
Are you going to the Metallica Orion Music Festival in AC?

Drive to AC is about 3 hours, all depends on when you do the drive, traffic can be horrible
Donginator Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:When is Rich's stand up? I am going to Atlantic City that week, I don't think the drive to NYC would be too far, maybe a few hours? If it was Friday night I would like to see the Friday show then go see the stand up later, then drive to AC.
Are you going to the Metallica Orion Music Festival in AC?

Drive to AC is about 3 hours, all depends on when you do the drive, traffic can be horrible

yeah 3 hours would be a nice/lucky drive from NY to AC. If its on a friday night you might hit the people coming east on AC expressway and then heading north (although more head south to the ocean city, sea isle, cape may areas).
I have gotten from Brooklyn to AC in 2 1/2 hours on Friday afternoon/evenings. It's not that bad.
Pages: 1 2