Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 09/02/2012......Thursday.....Lets ask Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
so.

I read an article this morning about them putting in grass at Rogers Center (where the Blue Jays play).

Now I've known (and said) for a while now that grass is necessary for baseball, but when you, over a 12 month period find out what the costs to the team would be (in players), it becomes a no brainer.
So far in just the last 2 years, it has cost the Jays players like Beltran, Crawford, Uehura, and some others that they wont say. That is quite a bit of offense and pitching.

They say that they won't be able to have football or concerts at the stadium (who cares), but it is possible. So what say you?

If you as a stadium owner (Rogers owns and paid only $25 million) could vastly improve your largest tennant in quality of product, which would double revenue, would you make changes like this?
i bleed green Wrote:.
:?
i'm not even sure what the OP is complaining about. please simplify, shorten, and resubmit
Good morning bro-mo's!

I missed the last hour or so of the show yesterday but sounds like it sparked the religion debate again along with gay choice/born that way debates. Eddie wrote a long piece defending his beliefs on TOMB. Eddie is a good guy and he takes a lot of hits on TOMB for his beliefs. I wish I heard it live yesterday or was able to hear the replay. The last hour sounds like a Mercer "podcast" i need to download.
JDubb Wrote:Good morning bro-mo's!

I missed the last hour or so of the show yesterday but sounds like it sparked the religion debate again along with gay choice/born that way debates. Eddie wrote a long piece defending his beliefs on TOMB. Eddie is a good guy and he takes a lot of hits on TOMB for his beliefs. I wish I heard it live yesterday or was able to hear the replay. The last hour sounds like a Mercer "podcast" i need to download.
I just read your response & its a great one. I am not going to get into it, but you nail it with what they are suppose to believe by whats written in a book trying to control a "cult"
Derick Wrote:i'm not even sure what the OP is complaining about. please simplify, shorten, and resubmit
whats the problem?

I made a statement, and asked a question
Donginator Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Good morning bro-mo's!

I just read your response & its a great one. I am not going to get into it, but you nail it with what they are suppose to believe by whats written in a book trying to control a "cult"
why don't you guys post eddies statement here, so we can read along with the class
does this work? Copy/pasted from TOMB
JDubb Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:I do agree with what Rich said that most all people who disagree with homosexuality it's is based on their religious beliefs. To be honest, I know mine is! I choose to believe in the faith(religion) that that I have just as others have chosen not to.
I just believe in a God that created a man to be with a women. Because We are told about this in the first book of the Bible in Genesis 1 26,27 when God talks a about creating both Man & Woman. Then in verse 28, He instructs them to reproduce & fill the earth. Now read chapter 2 & you will read how He creates woman to be with man.
I am not trying to preach my "agenda" down your throats, but I do feel the need to explain why I believe the way that I do.
I, IN NO WAY, have ever hated or bashed anyone because of what I see as a lifestyle preference. I just see it as a choice that goes against the foundation of how I believe that God created us to be; a man with a woman. I believe that what God said all those years ago has never changed even though our world/culture continues to do so. So having said all if this, I can say that I can disagree with someone's lifestyle preference, as I see it. The problem with many religious 'extremists' is that they have chosen to "hate" on the person rather than disagree with their lifestyle which, in my opinion, goes against the way that I believe.
Now the color of a person's skin is totally irrelevant to this discussion & I only mention this because it was brought up. People are not given a choice as to their shade of melanin. It's what they were born with. Not agreeing with someone just because of their skin color is just wrong.
Sorry for the lengthy rant, but I woke up early this morning with the gut feeling that I felt I needed to share here just why I believe the way that I do about the homosexual lifestyle. My intentions are not to bring on an all out religious vs non-religious debate, but just to explain why I believe the way I do!!!
First I want to say, Eddie I respect everything you said above and having met you know you are one of the kindest people I have ever met. Here is what I have a problem with, I do not think people choose to be gay anymore than they choose their skin color. Look above at the words you chose to use... I hear people refer to the "gay/homosexual lifestyle" all the time but what is a straight lifestyle. I know many gay people that you would never know they were gay unless you asked. What is the lifestyle? They live in a house in the suburbs, have a nice car parked in the drive, mow their lawn on Saturday morning, go to the gym, buy groceries... sounds like a normal american (or Canadian) to me. I also think there more passages in the Bible that talk about acceptance than the few that hint at homosexuality.

And one more point that is always overlooked, these texts were written by man not by God and were assembled into a book by a group of men trying to control a young cult/religion. I see the Bible as a group of writings/teachings on how to live life a a good person. I don't think sexuality or race have any bearing on being a good person. There just as many white/straight people that do bad things as gay or people of color.
holy shit. CLIFF notes please. fuck it I dont care anyway
Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:i'm not even sure what the OP is complaining about. please simplify, shorten, and resubmit
whats the problem?

What are you talking about, Grass?
Thanks.

I was wondering about eddies statement that originated the responses

sent from the legion of doom
Derick Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
whats the problem?

Yes. Its a dome stadium

Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
whats the problem?

Yes. Its a dome stadium

I feel that modern day turff is just as good as grass, therefor, no need for grass.
good foruming guys. excellent day. :high5:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7