Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Transferring DVRed programs to PC/Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DirecTV DVR (screw Comcst!) and have several programs recorded on the DVR. I would like to transfer these programs to my computer (Mac) so I can than move them to my iPad so I can watch them at the gym while I workout on the elliptical.

I've checked several DTV/DRV/Mac forums but cannot find any information to help. Anyone know how to accomplish this?
Pete Nice Wrote:*Bunch of cliched Apple sucks pictures*
:poke:
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:*Bunch of cliched Apple sucks pictures*
:poke:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Don't you have AppleTV?

:poke: (Could not resist) :grin:
It's not putting it on your computer, but would a Slingbox work?

Other then that, I would think one of those VHS to DVD kind of things.
Where you get a "TV in" on your computer. Then play it from the TV on the computer screen and record the video on your computer.
Thanks for an actually response Chip. I was really hoping for a way to just grab the files and convert them rather than have to transfer them real time.

For the rest of you... I was hoping for some tech help not more Apple hate. :douche:
JDubb Wrote:Thanks for an actually response Chip. I was really hoping for a way to just grab the files and convert them rather than have to transfer them real time.

For the rest of you... I was hoping for some tech help not more Apple hate. :douche:

Sorry, I had no idea how to help you and :nothingtoadd:
Does the dvr have USB output for expandable hard drive?

sent from the legion of doom
JDubb Wrote:Thanks for an actually response Chip. I was really hoping for a way to just grab the files and convert them rather than have to transfer them real time.

Haha, oh yeah, I forgot.
Your phone sucks!

I used to have U-Verse, and I looked into it back then.
It turns out that the DVR stores it in it's own video format, that is really hard to find and convert to something useful.
Chip is a technolo G