Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 12/6/11 44 degrees!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Derick Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:If you can go forward, reverse and not break shit going between point A and B you are hired for the pit.
all i got to do is go forward and backwards, fuck, i'm way over-qualified. When you need to blindside off a busy road onto a dock with cement barriers, then maybe give me a call. Or better yet, into a covered dock with less than a foot of extra space around the trailer off a residential street, without taking out cars and trees. Yes driving around this joint is a blast

Order from easiest to hardest: pit, recycle, city work, SK haul run, heavy load aka hoes and crushing plants). We do the odd oil load for the bio diesel plant but that's like once every three months.
Derick Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I drove a couple of those around when I worked at Maxim. The Eaton Autoshifts are a big deal most large fleet companies get them so their drivers don't fuck shit up.
we find that our drivers actually fuck more shit up with the autos. Since you have to spool the throttle up for the clutch to engage. Kinda like a snowmobile. Then what happens is the driver ram shit when the clutch engages.

Are you talking long haul fedex drivers or city fedex drivers?
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:My car is having an ignition problem. It doesn't want to read the security chip in the key. I swear I had this fixed once a couple years ago. It's annoying as hell. I had to sit and wait for the security error to clear.
maybe its the key

yeah, usually. do you hang a bunch of shit from your key chain? makes the keys go bad quicker for some reason.

I'm going to try the spare for awhile, but I really don't have a lot of keys.
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:The NFL is going to shit all over the entire world again.
Madona? Really?

I would love to know why they are so hellbent on having these gay acts for half-time shows. Seriously, is that really going to get more female viewers to watch a game? I think not, unless the woman enjoys watching football, she is not going to sit through a game to watch her fave singer. Fucking morons!!
Correction......only the gays still like madonna

sent from the legion of doom

That, too.
michaelangelo Wrote:huge hit in the leafs game last night

[youtube]mc3ij0TSqAc[/youtube]

Keep your head up...
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:My car is having an ignition problem. It doesn't want to read the security chip in the key. I swear I had this fixed once a couple years ago. It's annoying as hell. I had to sit and wait for the security error to clear.
GM's.....:roll:

sent from the legion of doom

Confusedlap:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Ahh... the joys of children........

Not all of those hissy fits were the kids. Jim threw one because I am suppose to be a mind reader and know that his coat is dirty and I needed to wash it. Then it was because I forgot to hang the car key up last night and left it in my pocket... then it was because I didn't take the recycle to the depot.

No, my statement is still correct. Jims qualify as children, too.
NussieT Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I drove a couple of those around when I worked at Maxim. The Eaton Autoshifts are a big deal most large fleet companies get them so their drivers don't fuck shit up.
we find that our drivers actually fuck more shit up with the autos. Since you have to spool the throttle up for the clutch to engage. Kinda like a snowmobile. Then what happens is the driver ram shit when the clutch engages.

Are you talking long haul fedex drivers or city fedex drivers?
both, cause even the long haul guys still need to hook up and back into docks. I damn near gave myself whiplash the first time I drove one just trying to hook up, slammed into that pin so fucking hard. Then if your backing onto a dock on a slight incline, the damn thing wants to roll forward off the dock, so there again, prepare yourself for yet another whiplash moment
Is it hard to get a CDL? Do you have to drive a truck with a trailer for them? loaded trailer? My friend said I can use his truck, but he doesn't have a trailer.
So far this year, I have been an ameratuer mountain biker, ameratuer cowboy, now an amertuer trucker. I'm disatisfied with life. Confusedad:
Derick Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Are you talking long haul fedex drivers or city fedex drivers?
both, cause even the long haul guys still need to hook up and back into docks. I damn near gave myself whiplash the first time I drove one just trying to hook up, slammed into that pin so fucking hard. Then if your backing onto a dock on a slight incline, the damn thing wants to roll forward off the dock, so there again, prepare yourself for yet another whiplash moment

I've only ever driven smaller units with the autoshift in it, they were tow trucks. All our trucks are Eaton 13 speeds I think we may have one 18.
LeNeve Wrote:So far this year, I have been an ameratuer mountain biker, ameratuer cowboy, now an amertuer trucker. I'm disatisfied with life. Confusedad:

You don't want to be a pro at any of those things.
It's bad enough that you're an amature at any of those.
LeNeve Wrote:Is it hard to get a CDL? Do you have to drive a truck with a trailer for them? loaded trailer? My friend said I can use his truck, but he doesn't have a trailer.

Have you met a truck driver??? It sure doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that job. I've met some that I'm not sure why they are even allowed to be on the road.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Is it hard to get a CDL? Do you have to drive a truck with a trailer for them? loaded trailer? My friend said I can use his truck, but he doesn't have a trailer.

Have you met a truck driver??? It sure doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that job. I've met some that I'm not sure why they are even allowed to be on the road.

met one? I am one......
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

well, my trucker friend didn't really use the best judgment letting me drive an 80,000 pound vehicle in the state I was in. So yeah, I guess they are kind of dumb.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15