Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Absinithe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever tried Absinthe? A co-worker invited me over to drink some. I hate the taste of liquorice though? Just wondering how much I should try and drink as to not insult him. I hear it's very expensive and don't want to look like I'm ungrateful.
Depends on if you plan on putting out for this "friend"
It is expensive. It can be good though if done right. You need to pour a shot into a rocks glass, then put an absynth spoon over top of it, put a sugar cube on the spoon and slowly pour COLD water over the cube into the drink, about a shots worth of water. If you do this it is actually pretty good. Straight absynth is gross.

I have had absynth several times, but the only time I drank a ton of it, two days before last new years eve, I got pretty good and fucked up, a happy drunk though, then I threw up and had a terrible hangover the next day.

Fun times though.
Since I posted some Eurotrip in the IST today, I might as well do it again here...

This is all I know of it.
I'd try it.

[youtube]qdvRElQMhCc[/youtube]
If you get the chance, look up the episode of the "thirsty traveler" where he investigates the Absinth trail.

I just looked it up. If you get the Cooking channel, it is re-airing on January 17. This is years old but gets kicked around between cooking and travel networks. There are some strange folks on that show. I always liked it more than the Zane Lamprey stuff as it is a real look at the liquor and the culture and not just acting stupid.
I have only had Absinith as part of a mix, never straight with the sugar and water. I agree with Poke and watch the Thirsty Traveler, that show in general is pretty good and informative.