Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Your "rudy" moment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone at one time in ther life has had a moment where they really stepped up and handled buisness.
You did something that was so awesome you almost suprised yourself. For rudy it was getting a sack in the big game, for Marty Mcfly, it was knocking out Biff , For Billy Madison it was passing the 3rd grade , for intern good egg dave it was stepping up to some dick on the subway, for Al Bundy it was scoring 4 touchdowns in one game.

What's your best memory of when you have dominated? As a kid, as an adult whenever, what stands out in your head as a moment that made you think,I'm the fucking man!!
Every year Ford and AAA would sponsor an automotive competition for high school seniors. Each participating school in the state was given a written test for the automotive students. The top 2 people from the top 10 schools in each state would compete against each other in a hands on competition. For the hands on competition each team had a car with a bunch of things wrong with it. The first team to fix the car completely and drive it to the finish line won.

I was the top scoring senior for my school so me and the other high scoring guy from my school were given a few weeks to study. Ford dropped off a new car and for weeks we learned it in and out. The both of us went to the state finals and dominated. The awards were given out on a stage in a mall up in North Jersey. There were a bunch of people from Ford & AAA there along with people from racing schools. It felt awesome to be in stage getting trophies, prizes and scholorships. I could see how proud my father and teacher were and that was my moment.

Because we won we got to go to Washington D.C. and compete against the winners from each state. They put all of the schools up in a nice hotel and treated us awesome. The competition there was huge with a really big crowd. Once again we were kicking ass and made it to the finish line as 1 of the first 5 cars. Right before th ecar was judged I found one thing we missed and asked the judge to let us go back and fix it. He lets us go back, but unfortunately the other judges felt it was grounds for disqualification. We wound up like 48th because if it.

Even though we lost the national final it was a definining moment for me. I guess I never really thought I was good at anything before that.