Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Mr. Coffee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A great example of a company hooking up it's customers.

We've had a nice Mr Coffee machine for probably 2 years. It's got a nice touch screen and all kinds of fancy stuff that we really have never used. Two weeks ago the decanter broke while washing. We searched online for a replacement decanter, but every place that sold that model had it out of stock. Kristen sent them an email telling them that we really liked the coffee maker we had and didn't realy want to replace it, but were just looking to buy the replacement part we needed. The following morning we received an email from the company telling us that the model was discontinued and they weren't able to get us the part we needed. They appologized the the inconvenience and told us that they were shipping us a newer model coffee maker instead for no charge.

Pretty cool of them. :high5:
I won't be purchasing their product until they come out with a nice hot cocoa maker. I don't drink coffee.
Damn.
I maybe have to get a Mr Coffee next time around.

:high5:
That's customer service.
Chip Wrote:Damn.
I maybe have to get a Mr Coffee next time around.

Agreed. Thats good business

sent from high above mount toilet
damn, I have a kitchen aid coffee maker and i also broke the decanter, but i was able to order one from a place in edmonton. if I hadn't gotten the coffee maker free, I would have bought a new one. Next time i'll just contact kitchen aid. the lid on our crock pot had a hinge on it and it broke and crock pot sent us a new one. gotta love that
That's awesome!!!! I have a coffee maker downstairs in the basement that I got for Christmas still in the box, never opened. Jim nor I drink coffee but we tend to have a lot of guests over that do drink it and rather than them drinking instant coffee or having someone drag theirs over we just got one. I'll bust it open probably in the next couple of weeks when we have our Thanksgiving Potluck and Game Night.
I know this is old.. but I just saw it. Did you have to prove that you had the coffee maker? Or could I just email them the same thing and tell them the model number of yours and get a free coffee maker?
DaveP Wrote:I know this is old.. but I just saw it. Did you have to prove that you had the coffee maker? Or could I just email them the same thing and tell them the model number of yours and get a free coffee maker?

LOL. I didn't have to prove anything.
Joe Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:I know this is old.. but I just saw it. Did you have to prove that you had the coffee maker? Or could I just email them the same thing and tell them the model number of yours and get a free coffee maker?

LOL. I didn't have to prove anything.

[Image: Very_Interesting250.jpg]

\I bet this would work with other companies too. Just find a list of discontinued products, and find some odd part on them that they could no longer replace. But I like to think I have a soul sometimes, so I won't be trying this.
The best part was that I only called because I couldn't find the glass pot. Wen I got the replacement coffee maker it had the same pot with a different lid. I just went and ordered a replacement pot for the new one and put it back on the old one. The ex took the new one when she moved out.
Does your Mr Coffee have an automatic drip?
i bleed green Wrote:Does your Mr Coffee have an automatic drip?

:rock: