Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Crazy Thought...If the C&R show gets bigger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love the C&R show the way it is, it's absolutely amazing and my favorite show on the air. I love how the show has such a personal touch. Though I've never been to a DBC and don't really hang out here or on the other place that much, never called in, etc., I still feel like those guys are my buds. It's because they hang with so many of you that makes the show so awesome.

In hearing them talk so much about how bright the future is and their big plans, I'm wondering if they get a huge tv deal, tv show, blah blah, will they ever get to the point where they are more like Howard? I mean to the point that the are far less "accessible" and fan friendly?

Sometimes though you don't intend to change, money and fame have some mandated changes.....hell, even if it just gets down to being far busier and not having a chance to reach out the way they do now. Hell, part of it may boil down to security concerns. I mean if Covino has already been threatened, imagine if they are big tv stars.

Just food for thought....

Yes, I'm a :dumbass:
I would assume that if they got big, even like 50% as big as Stern, they would most likely only hang with an elite inner circle. Right now, they would say they wouldn't, but when you get to that level, you kind of become paranoid and think everyone is out to get something from you.
You mean like JIW?
I want to think they would still be who they are today but I think they would have to change weather they wanted to or not. I think they would have to me much more protective if they were to reach that level of fame. There would be less random dudebro studio visits and non-celebrity studio guests. Not because they would want that but because they would have too.

My opinion only.
Like I said, it was a strange thought. And yes, one of the drawbacks of fame and all that crap.

I guess I've gotten to where I love hearing about Layla, Melody, Sara, etc., etc...and even then, they'd have to get more protective about them.

*shrugs*
So do you, in a way, hope they stay where they are so we feel connected & personal? I would like to say yes, but that's selfish & just not right. I hope they blow up so much that they broadcast from the moon. When they do it'll be like your college buds. You're not as close as you once were, but you'll always remember the good times and keep in touch!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:So do you, in a way, hope they stay where they are so we feel connected & personal? I would like to say yes, but that's selfish & just not right. I hope they blow up so much that they broadcast from the moon. When they do it'll be like your college buds. You're not as close as you once were, but you'll always remember the good times and keep in touch!!!

It's all good as long as they remember the fans who supported them on the trip there.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's all good as long as they remember the fans who supported them on the trip there.

Please show me an example where that has ever happened.
if they get big they will put Pete in charge of security and he will get us into the inner circle.
Joe Wrote:if they get big they will put Pete in charge of security and he will get us into the inner circle.
Like ronnie the limo driver :grin:

sent from high above mount toilet
I totally see Beckster and Eddie's points and that is where I do wish them much success.

I've been on this ride somewhat* since 07. They're the only reason I keep Sirius.

Anyways, I want to see them succeed no doubt. I hope they do. I just hope the show doesn't lose it's personal, real feel. I know I have a few friends that loved Glenn Beck's old radio show the way I love this show and after he hit TV, blah blah, he turned into an over inflated ego, self important, money driven douchebag. One that they thought would never happen....and he said would never happen. So maybe hearing them talk about that sitch makes me ponder the guys.

Thus why I threw this out there. And hell, with the odds of Covino or Dickie seeing this, I thought it would be interesting to see their thoughts on the matter.

Last but not least, thanks for this place, guys (and girls) - this place rocks Smile

*somewhat = my damn job keeps me from listing as much as I'd like. When I found Mercer's podcasts, heaven was discovered Big Grin That kept it more than just my commute home at night or eating lunch in my car to listen to the show Smile
Indiansfan Wrote:this place rocks Smile

:high5: :beer:
Joe Wrote:if they get big they will put Pete in charge of security and he will get us into the inner circle.

No joke, but if they do get big, I would be the ideal choice to run their security. It's not like I don't have a stellar resume or anything. Who better to run their security that someone who knows them and their tendencies well.
This is a good thread! I too have thought about "what may be" for C&R as far as the listeners are concerned.

The great thing about the show is that it has the "small town feel" which lends itself to being personable to a smaller core audience...all of us get the feeling that we're involved, and the fact that they read what we say and respond to it makes us feel like we're a big part of their life. however, that's also what holds the show back. With more listeners would hopefully come even more cool production bits, and obviously more fame and money. I'm just not sure how C&R would handle it. My guess is that they might become more busy and have less free time to read forums and interact even with the "hardcore" fans. I don't think they would become "snobby;" but they'd probably be less reachable...like JDubb said, unless you were in the loop from the ground floor, you might not be visiting the show randomly. Heck, even the conventions might require a little more security. Luckily we have the convention outlet already started in case the show does get big...they'll have a way to meet the fans no matter how many there are!
For me, a big part of what makes me like the show is how down to earth the guys are. It's like you're hanging out BSing with your boys. To me that's what makes the show work. If they got too distant, above or too cool from everyday life and situations i don't think it would work.

As far as being worried about stalkers and shit.... Own a quality firearm , no need to worry
Pages: 1 2