Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Zombies may be here soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/2011081...RSS_PUBLIC

Messing with genetically engineered T cells to cure cancer sounds like the beginning of a lot of zombie movies.
[Image: i12.jpg]
There is an Asian that comes into McDs with a 'Zombies love Moustaches' t-shirt sometimes.
I have been working on a plan... I am currently scoping out the neighborhood for the most secure looking house that I can claim... it'll be the place I hide out at til it's time to head out Pete's way.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I have been working on a plan... I am currently scoping out the neighborhood for the most secure looking house that I can claim... it'll be the place I hide out at til it's time to head out Pete's way.
I have a pawn shop a few blocks away. All brick. No windows. If I get stuck in my house, I'm screwed.
geinslunchbox Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I have been working on a plan... I am currently scoping out the neighborhood for the most secure looking house that I can claim... it'll be the place I hide out at til it's time to head out Pete's way.
I have a pawn shop a few blocks away. All brick. No windows. If I get stuck in my house, I'm screwed.

I am always analyzing my house. My biggest flaw is the basement, there is a door that opens onto the right side yard. There also are some rather large windows down there. The only other entry points are the garage and the front door. The garage can easily enough be secured and I am working on a front door solution. Lucky for me, the first floor windows are all at least 8 feet high.

I am thinking about getting the attic redone to turn it into a zombie hide away, including some sort of toilet system, sink and power system, a few cots, some canned goods and I want to look into a roof onto the door or something similar.

I can't really think of any good secure building in my area except the reserve/national guard armories.
I have a 2nd floor condo. And the only windows on the ground level are into the garage. Then the door in from the garage and the front door. I'm pretty sure zombies wouldn't be able to get through those. And unless they figure out how to use ladders, I think I'm good.
There is a site foodinsurance.com that offers emergency kits/backpacks. The essentials kit comes in a backpack & has a 2 week supply of food, waterproof matches, water filter, etc. It's about 200 bucks but they have packages available up to 10 grand. Good news on that one is you can pay in installments. Bad news it you better hope you get it paid off before the fit hits the shan
I have often wondered about condos, they usually have a brick first level and condos start ont second. not a lot of access, but also not a lot of ways out and lots of places to for zombies to lurk if they do get in.
Pete Nice Wrote:I have often wondered about condos, they usually have a brick first level and condos start ont second. not a lot of access, but also not a lot of ways out and lots of places to for zombies to lurk if they do get in.

Yeah, mine is brick.
And on the ground floor, the only 2 ways in are the doors at the bottom of my stairs.
Once you're in, it's not much different from a house. 2 bed, 2 bath, a utility room, kitchen. And it has a little balcony on the second floor.
geinslunchbox Wrote:There is a site foodinsurance.com that offers emergency kits/backpacks. The essentials kit comes in a backpack & has a 2 week supply of food, waterproof matches, water filter, etc. It's about 200 bucks but they have packages available up to 10 grand. Good news on that one is you can pay in installments. Bad news it you better hope you get it paid off before the fit hits the shan
I heard a commercial on the radio about that last week. And they claim that the food has a 25yr shelf life.
the keifer Wrote:
geinslunchbox Wrote:There is a site foodinsurance.com that offers emergency kits/backpacks. The essentials kit comes in a backpack & has a 2 week supply of food, waterproof matches, water filter, etc. It's about 200 bucks but they have packages available up to 10 grand. Good news on that one is you can pay in installments. Bad news it you better hope you get it paid off before the fit hits the shan
I heard a commercial on the radio about that last week. And they claim that the food has a 25yr shelf life.

Isn't that the place that Glenn Beck ( :barf: ) whores out?
Indiansfan Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:

Isn't that the place that Glenn Beck ( :barf: ) whores out?
Could be. I heard it during a Rush Limbaugh ( :killme: ) break while at a jobsite.

I'm going to learn how to do that couponing thing and use the overstock to build up a food supply.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I'm going to learn how to do that couponing thing and use the overstock to build up a food supply.
I thought the same thing! I just need a safer place to stockpile than my basement :high5:
Pages: 1 2