Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Am I a terrible person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so the story goes like this -
About a week or so ago a local girl (like early 20s') got into a single car accident on her way home after leaving a party. Back story on her is her facebook is bascially a shit ton of pictures of her drinking and partying. Her last post before the accident was something to the lines of "WOOOOOOOOOO Great party I am leaving" Then gets in a car accident, totals the vehicle and ends up in ICU.
Today I was getting propane bottles refilled and saw they are now having a huge benefit dinner thing for her and had a donation jar on the desk as well.
So I think to myself, no way am I giving any money to this alcoholic who got smashed at a party and then messed herself up and thank god nobody but her got hurt. Am I not a nice person for that? I don't think so, but figured I would put it out there.

Then spot shit his pants.
Fuck her. I wouldn't donate either. Giving her money is enabling her stupid behavior.
What Hondo said.
:whomo: 's
Brian Wrote:What Hondo said.
:whomo: (both)
:whomo: ,s
Eh.
She's young and dumb.
I'm going to best most peole have been young and dumb.
She didn't deserve that.

Giving her money is enabling her stupid behavior.

That's a bit of a stretch.
If she's going to take the money and go drink and drive again, you'd have a point.
But if it's going to go to give her a normal life again, then it's just helping to fix dumb behavior.

But, I guess I'm a bad person because I never give money to those jars anyway.
When I have extra money to throw around, I will, but until then, I have my own problems to spend my money on.
Cool, I figured I wasn't being shitty in this instance. Maybe some others but not this one. :happy:
I'd sign her up for the local AA group
Consequences suck ass.
It sucks she got hurt, but thank god no one else did. She should not have been drinking and driving and I would not give money to her when there are people who are hurt for reasons out of their control that deserve it more.
I wouldn't even give them a cent... it's similar to a situation that happened not that long ago in town here.
A former coworkers daughter decided to move in with her boyfriend and his parents at their place in Slave Lake, AB. She packed up some of her stuff (according to her mother roughly $10,000 worth of stuff). She was up there two weeks when the fire ripped through the home and burnt it to the ground. Her parents, the family friends started putting together a benefit social for her. Then her cheerleading group in the city put another benefit social together and the local cheerleading team that she used to compete with donated money to her as well. While these benefit socials were happening she was still in Edmonton with her bf's family. They raised over $13,000 for her.

I understand that it's sad she lost her stuff in a tragic fire but c'mon... she was 20 years old and brought up clothing, cds, dvds, a laptop, camera and other stuff but I guarantee the bf's family had house insurance and she'll get new shit. She didn't need 2 benefit socials and a large donation by local group who fundraises throughout the year to give her money.
I don't think she deserves donations just for the simple fact that she made a stupid choice that bit her in the ass. What she should get out of all this is a valuable lesson learned.
I think I'd give a little, her medical bills are going to add up but really she made a very poor choice and what happened is a consequence of that choice. I'd rather donate my money to Rotary, where I know the money will be used to help the less fortunate.
Personally I'd take the opportunity to post something on her Facebook saying that she's lucky that she didn't kill somoene innocent. Everyone would certainly hate you, but they couldn't disagree.
Pages: 1 2