Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Passionate about Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I gotta ask. What is so wrong with being passionate about your favorite sport??

I am talking about horse racing, my favorite sport. I get that I am not in a horse area and the people around here don't like it, but I get so much crap for liking it so much. Jim is pissed at me because I won't go on flippin bike ride because I want to watch the Kentucky Derby. I haven't missed seeing the Derby since I was 12 years old and I refuse to stop watching it now. That's like saying you can't watch the Superbowl or your favorite team in the Stanley Cup play-offs. Seriously, Wtf

It's not just Jim, it's everyone I know. Fuck, my mom will call me during the race, just to piss me off. I don't rip on people for liking golf or sports I consider dull as fuck. So, i
don't get why I can't get a fucking break.

:rant:
I agree. I try not to miss the Derby, I am missing it today though, damn work. Damn bills
I have no problem with people being passionate about sports, but there is a limit, and people take it too far sometimes

Remember, it is just a sport

Sent from my balls
Horse racing is not a sport. It's a bunch of skinny midgets beating the shit out of horses to make them run fast. Ask the winning horse how it feels at the end of the race. Probably doesn't feel like a winner.
Joe Wrote:Horse racing is not a sport. It's a bunch of skinny midgets beating the shit out of horses to make them run fast. Ask the winning horse how it feels at the end of the race. Probably doesn't feel like a winner.
I don't know why.....but I believe him yo!!!!!
Joe Wrote:Horse racing is not a sport. It's a bunch of skinny midgets beating the shit out of horses to make them run fast. Ask the winning horse how it feels at the end of the race. Probably doesn't feel like a winner.

:finger: :finger: It is a highly athletic sport. Those horses train just as hard as human athletes.

I've seen horses look happy to have won, their ears perked and they are on their toes like they wanna run again, they pick up on their rider's emotion. Not to mention that the higher grade race horses get royal pampering. Could you imagine a career where you work hard and train hard to the first few years of your life, then you get to retire and have tons of sex with tons of partners???
Brampton Wrote:I have no problem with people being passionate about sports, but there is a limit, and people take it too far sometimes

Remember, it is just a sport

Sent from my balls

All I ask to be able to enjoy it. No one has to sit there and listen to me or watch it with me. But, for fucks sake, let me just watch my races in peace. Instead of giving me grief because that's not want he wants to do.
Like what you like. Tell everyone else to fuck off. That's how I roll.
Hondo Wrote:Like what you like. Tell everyone else to fuck off. That's how I roll.

:whomo:
I used to know some people who would go down to the Kentuky Derby every year.
I don't get it, but it sounds like fun.
Tailgating and gambling can make anything entertaining. Even football.
I'm just glad to finally have a PRO sports team to be passionate about. Memphis has always been a hot bed for basketball talent & we've always had the U of M Tigers & the Cardinals AAA team(Redbirds) to cheer for, but since the Grizzlies moved here 10 yrs ago, it's a whole new excitement. While we don't have a heritage or legacy that most teams have, we hope to be building one!!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

:finger: :finger: It is a highly athletic sport. Those horses train just as hard as human athletes.

I've seen horses look happy to have won, their ears perked and they are on their toes like they wanna run again, they pick up on their rider's emotion. Not to mention that the higher grade race horses get royal pampering. Could you imagine a career where you work hard and train hard to the first few years of your life, then you get to retire and have tons of sex with tons of partners???

And if you break your leg they shoot you.

I'm sure the aniumals at the rodeo love that too.
eddieyourdj Wrote:I'm just glad to finally have a PRO sports team to be passionate about. Memphis has always been a hot bed for basketball talent & we've always had the U of M Tigers & the Cardinals AAA team(Redbirds) to cheer for, but since the Grizzlies moved here 10 yrs ago, it's a whole new excitement. While we don't have a heritage or legacy that most teams have, we hope to be building one!!!

Never heard of any of these teams. :?
Joe Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:I'm just glad to finally have a PRO sports team to be passionate about. Memphis has always been a hot bed for basketball talent & we've always had the U of M Tigers & the Cardinals AAA team(Redbirds) to cheer for, but since the Grizzlies moved here 10 yrs ago, it's a whole new excitement. While we don't have a heritage or legacy that most teams have, we hope to be building one!!!

Then we can't be friends anymore buster!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Then we can't be friends anymore buster!!!

Can I still use you as a shield in Black Ops? :grin:
Pages: 1 2