Dudebro Nation

Full Version: When you turn 50?!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where do you expect to be when you hit the big 50?
I'm 47 and something Rich said the other day got me to thinking about this. Age to me is just a number. While I don't wear Crocs, Affliction shirts, or Ed Hardy, I refuse to fall into the stereotypical age bracket and wear penny loafers, dress pants, and sweater vest.
I have had a successful career with FedEx, a mobile DJ business, a wonderful 17 yr marriage & raising a great kid. I attempt to stay somewhat relevant on pop culture & I have embraced my age and have no regrets or complaints.
Where do you see your life at 50? Does it scare you? Will you be happy your environment or do you reach a time when you accept your life where it is? The way I see it is I'd rather make getting older as cool & relevant as I can. I am who I am! If you want to be that 50 yr old that just works, goes home and exists, see ya later!!!

Thoughts???

(I posted this on both forums)
It is SOOOOO far away, but I guess I see myself exactly like I am today. I hope not to age much, be in better shape actually and dress and act like I do now, why change?

I believe we should live life to its fullest and just fucking do what we want and have as much fun as possible while we can as you never really know what the future will bring. What if you die in 5 years and do nothing but work until then? You would have missed out for that 5 year period on things that you could have done, but didn't want to take risks or drain your savings. Big savings accounts are for losers and people who make fuck you money.
I have a little over 6 years until then. Ideally I'd like to have a million dollars in my investment portfolio by then so I could cash in and live off the interest. 10% is easy and if you can't live on 100K a year comfortably something is fucking wrong with you. Pete is absolutely right...you better live life like there is no tomorrow because there might not be.

Getting older sucks. Your mind is still 25 and writes check your body can't cash.
As long as I have a motorcycle again when I'm 50 I'll be happy.

Maybe by then this site will have a million members and I'll make more than $5 a month on ads.
Joe Wrote:As long as I have a motorcycle again when I'm 50 I'll be happy.

Maybe by then this site will have a million members and I'll make more than $5 a month on ads.
what ads? you still make money on those?
2-3 kids, possibly a service manager, wife able to be a stay at home mom

Sent from my motorola atrix
Hopefully employed!!!!!

That's such a long way away.... I'm thinking more so about my 28th birthday coming up soon.
Hell, I got 20yrs till then so who knows. Hopefully still alive and still in my career. Would like to have more traveling under my belt by then.
I have no fucking idea.
I've been trying to switch careers to something that has a pension or retirement plan.
Been building new homes right out of High school till about a year ago. It's all i know. After the economy tanked all the building pretty much stopped. And there's a ton of immigrants that will work dirt cheap, so you can't get paid what you should. Why pay a dude $25 an hour if you can get somebody for $12?

I tried to get into this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.local478.org/index.cfm?id=49">http://www.local478.org/index.cfm?id=49</a><!-- m -->
Scored real well on the mechanical aptitude test. went for an iterview. I had my buddy's grandfather that taught the program for 14 years and a dad's buddy who's out of that local as references. Got experience on a lull, terex, and Jcb jobsite forklift. Driven a bobcat and toyota warehouse type forklift and a forklift certification. I'm familiar with foundation forms and backfilling.
And i didn't get in Confusedwoot:

Now i'm working at a fucking grocery store :killme:
negadave Wrote:I have no fucking idea.
I've been trying to switch careers to something that has a pension or retirement plan.
Been building new homes right out of High school till about a year ago. It's all i know. After the economy tanked all the building pretty much stopped. And there's a ton of immigrants that will work dirt cheap, so you can't get paid what you should. Why pay a dude $25 an hour if you can get somebody for $12?

I tried to get into this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.local478.org/index.cfm?id=49">http://www.local478.org/index.cfm?id=49</a><!-- m -->
Scored real well on the mechanical aptitude test. went for an iterview. I had my buddy's grandfather that taught the program for 14 years and a dad's buddy who's out of that local as references. Got experience on a lull, terex, and Jcb jobsite forklift. Driven a bobcat and toyota warehouse type forklift and a forklift certification. I'm familiar with foundation forms and backfilling.
And i didn't get in Confusedwoot:

Now i'm working at a fucking grocery store :killme:

Confusedwoot:

If I don't get any unemployment soon, I'll be working at Walmart down the road. You're not alone. Confusedad:
Brampton Wrote:2-3 kids, possibly a service manager, wife able to be a stay at home mom

the GM dealership that my step dad used to own is looking for a service manager, the current one just walked out last week. interested?
michaelangelo Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:2-3 kids, possibly a service manager, wife able to be a stay at home mom

the GM dealership that my step dad used to own is looking for a service manager, the current one just walked out last week. interested?
If it isn't in ontario, I'm not interested

michaelangelo Wrote:

Sorry to change the subject, but why did he walk out? Something must be really fucked up there to make somebody get fed up enough to just walk out on their job. That'd be the first thing i'd want to know before going in. (i know you weren't offering the job to me)
negadave Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

Sorry to change the subject, but why did he walk out? Something must be really fucked up there to make somebody get fed up enough to just walk out on their job. That'd be the first thing i'd want to know before going in. (i know you weren't offering the job to me)
apparently he told someone that works there, but not the right person, so they didn't have anyone to replace him. now someone that already has a job is doing the service manager job. don't get me wrong though, the place is fucked, the current dealer principal only works about 10hours a week, so they have no leadership whatsoever.
I gotta assume the car buisness is just as slow as the new home construction market right now.
Same thing goes on a construction job. If a contractor walks in the middle of a job it should let you know to be extra cautious because something's off.

If you ever buy used shit. Dirtbike, car, boat, whatever. the people always say how great it is. First thing i ask is "why are you getting rid of it"?