Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Food.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's some good food to try next time any of us get out to eat at a nice resteraunt?
Everybody knows about the old standby's, Steak, Lobster, ect. What's one of your favorite dishes to get out that might get overlooked? What do you want to try next?

For me, I love some chicken marsalla. Definatly top 3 for me. Not big on seafood, but i like a fresh piece of salmon. A buddy of mine says if i like that, i'd love swordfish. I gotta try that next chance i get.

What about you??
When I go to the Spanish (not mexican) restaurant, I love to get Paella. And Flan for desert.

Lamb is always a good choice.

At the Greek place, I love the pastry type meals.

Mole Pablano is always good.

Joe's Crab Shack pots are the shit.

At the German place, schnitzels are always good to try.

I also love soup, I almost always have soup when out to eat.

I like to try things I have never tried before, or are prepared a little different than other places do them. I am not that guy who gets in the rut of eating the same thing every time I go out or every time I go to a certain place. It is good to expand your pallet and horizons when out to eat.
If you can find a place that makes enchiladas with a green style sauce, try that. There is a lady that makes them once a year during the county fair. I look forward to it very much. I have never found a restraunt yet that comes close, I try all the time but it's never the same. I can kind of make it at home now, but it's a ton of work, and alot of cleanup.
I want to try sushi some day.
LeNeve Wrote:I want to try sushi some day.
Sushi is tasty.
We went for Vietnamese last night. Its really tasty, but the portions are really small. You think youre gonna be hungry later, but you realize its just the right amount.

mix that with Tiger beer, and its a nice meal
Japanese is good as well. Its light, clean and fresh tasting. You can fill up on it, and you don't feel like crap later.

Beer note, Sapporo with it and again you'll be happy.

The pickled ginger is a nice flavoring. Don't just use the wasabi or wasabi and soy sauce
One of my favorite food types is dim sum. It's Chinese food but they push carts of the food around the restaurant and you pick off the carts. They have a variety of dumplings, and pretty much any type of Chinese food but it's so tasty. Not the healthiest mind you but lots of flavour
Brampton Wrote:We went for Vietnamese last night. Its really tasty, but the portions are really small. You think youre gonna be hungry later, but you realize its just the right amount.

mix that with Tiger beer, and its a nice meal

Vietnamese street sandwiches are the shizbamsnappy. They use french bread style hoagie rolls and put pork of chicken and a mix of fresh veggies that really adds to the flavor. Then they usually put that red looking hot sauce on top. Good ass shit, I can't wait until spring to start getting them for lunch again.
Lamb does sound good. Gotta try that. I been wanting to try duck too.

I never get to crazy when i go out for hibachi. I usually go for steak and shrimp or steak and lobster. I would get more adventurous but that stuff is just soo good there.
Won't see this at a resteraunt but venison with the right seasoning on it is real good. There's zero fat on it, all clean meat. Pheasant is good. and i had some bear meatloaf at a game dinner that was blazin.

We caught some bluefish on a charter and cooked them up. :barf:
And had some trout i caught from a river that had been stocked. There was a million bones like as big as a hair in it and it tasted like mud. No go on both those.
Hibachi Japanese food is awesome, it's dinner and a show, and a reasonable place
This white guy fell in love with soul food while in Washington DC last week.
mongo Wrote:This white guy fell in love with soul food while in Washington DC last week.
What dat mean?? did you get down with a black chick? :j/k:
When i was on vacation in FT. Lauderdale i had some mahi mahi tacos that were pretty deece. I never really see them around in the northeast though
LeNeve Wrote:I want to try sushi some day.

Blackened Peppered Tuna - usually an appetizer, its a lightly seared tuna peppered.

Tiger Eye Roll

Shaggy Dog Roll

I usually like anything with tuna, white or yellow, avacado, cream cheese, some of the fried ones are good, I don;t eat it all the time cause I think I am allergic to seaweed or something else they put in sushi. I had the roof of my mouth swell up the first time I ate sushi, but it is still good.