Dudebro Nation

Full Version: More of a vent than a question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So today I went on a coffee date with this nussie. I thought she was really good looking and seemed like a really cool chick. The date was great; we talked, she laughed, yadda yadda, and she told me she wanted to get together again. I texted her later just to say how much fun I had, etc...then she put me in friend zone. She said I "rocked and was cute" and said that I was a really great guy, however she said that we didn't have the common interests necessary for a relationship. She said, "I'd still like to keep in touch and maybe go to a game or something when you're in town." Ehhhhmm...what dat mean? Wtf

She knew I watched a lot of sports and she doesn't. Can a chick seriously just dismiss a guy because he likes sports a lot? I mean, what guy doesn't like sports? Surely if you like someone enough you will be able to tolerate things like that, right? Or at the very least, you could give the guy a little more of a leash if you thought he was cool.

I'm really thinking she was trying to let me down easy and realized that I either lived too far away or was too nice or just didn't instill the proper amount of sexual attraction for this nuss to go any farther than me...or a combination of those. It's just frustrating. I'm not going to change who I am. I don't know how to nor do I want to be a dick. I don't want to lower my standards either (I'm not Zito bad, but good lord, can I ask for a girl that's kind of thin like I am?). What in the fuck am I doing wrong, or am I just going to have to somehow find the perfect storm to at least get a second date with any of the nussies I go out with?

BAAAWWWRRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!
:flame:
first mistake was texting her right away. I also had a great date this morning, she said she would like to get together again. I have no intention of talking to her until at least thursday. We've all made this mistake, but you need to act like more of a player. That doesnt mean you have to be one. Also nice guys never finish first, ever.
Try plentyoffish.com seriously, if you shoot enough fish in a barrel you are gonna hit one. Nothing wrong with going on 20 bad dates if it ends in one good one.
Pete Nice Wrote:Try plentyoffish.com seriously, if you shoot enough fish in a barrel you are gonna hit one. Nothing wrong with going on 20 bad dates if it ends in one good one.

That's the site I met Kristen from.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Try plentyoffish.com seriously, if you shoot enough fish in a barrel you are gonna hit one. Nothing wrong with going on 20 bad dates if it ends in one good one.

That's the site I met Kristen from.

...and that's where I found this one.
She wasn't diggin you. It happens. You could've easily thought she was boring.

Are you picking the same type of girl most of the time? Your "type" might not actually be your type, so open yourself up for a variety of chicks.
I don't know what she meant by common intersts. For all you know she might be interested in getting some dude who makes bank to knock her up buy her a house and marry her.
Maybe she got exited hearing you were a chemist and was let down when she found out your like a regular dudebro with the same interests.

i don't know. :nothingtoadd:
Guys don't become dicks to get the girl. Guys become dicks after dealing with girls.

You'll probably find that 1 in 10 girls you'll meet online will be someone you'll wind up spending time with a week later. 3 in 10 are usually bat shit crazy. The statistics suck, but don't let it get you down.
I am about THE worst person to talk to about dating. I dated 3 guys when I was 15... met Jim when I was 16, flash forward 9 years we have 2 kids and are married.
All I know is you will eventually find someone who is right for you, don't get discouraged, meet a bunch of women and eventually there she'll be.

I just wanted to add... Jim doesn't like sports. He will tolerate a football game if I drag him or if I am watching it while I run but he won't turn the tv on just for a game.
Finding a girl that likes sports of like finding a unicorn shitting in a pot of gold.
Confusedwoot:

That sucks Mercer. You'll find the right one eventually, it can be a numbers game.
Joe Wrote:Guys don't become dicks to get the girl. Guys become dicks after dealing with girls

[smiley]ding ding[/smiley]
Joe Wrote:Finding a girl that likes sports of like finding a unicorn shitting in a pot of gold.

That's not true at all anymore. Finding a fanatic might be tough, but a lot of girls nowadays like sports. The girl I'm dating now is a big Eagles fan....and I still like her lol
ap bikini team Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Finding a girl that likes sports of like finding a unicorn shitting in a pot of gold.

That's not true at all anymore. Finding a fanatic might be tough, but a lot of girls nowadays like sports. The girl I'm dating now is a big Eagles fan....and I still like her lol

You should marry that girl Paul.
I agree with this.. wait for a text/call from her.. It will come eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3