Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Spring/Summer Beer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been drinking Fat Tire exclusively since October probaly. I love it, but for me it seems like a cooler weather type of beer. I don't think it will be refreshing after a hot day at work. Fat Tire leaves my mouth feeling sticky, which is fine when it's cool out. I don't know if that makes sense or not. It's kind of like when I drink coffee. I prefer it black, but every once in awhile in the winter, I'll put sugar and cream. No way in hell could I stomach a sugar, and cream coffee when it's warm out.

What is a good, crisp, light on the tongue beer for hot weather?

I was thinking back to when I tried Sierra Nevada. Maybe something a little milder. Maybe it will have to be trial and error when the warm weather comes.

Do you switch beers from season to season? If so what are your winter, spring, summer, fall beers?

I drank budlight 365 days a year, untill last fall, so I don't have seasonal experience yet.
My year round beer is yuengling. Fall, I drink Sam Adams Octoberfest or Saranac Oktoberfest. Winter, I drink Sam Adams Winter Lager. Spring/Summer, I go for Sam Adams Summer Ale or Saranac Summer Brew.
I've been 365 Yuingling myself.
I don't think I've bought the same beer more than once or twice in the past year. I try to get something new every 1 to 2 weeks.
If any of you ever go to Ontario, get Mill St. Organic. It's slightly expensive but it's one of the best beers you will ever have.
i bleed green Wrote:If any of you ever go to Ontario, get Mill St. Organic. It's slightly expensive but it's one of the best beers you will ever have.
I prefer the tankhouse ale. The organic is good though
the keifer Wrote:I've been 365 Yuingling myself.
^^this
I'll drink some twisted tea once in awhileif it's really hot in the summer. Other than that it's bud light. I can't do the darker beers when it's that hot out.
I drink Bud when I can't poop.
[youtube]rw2b8ENc_Ak[/youtube]
I couldn't drink Yuengling 365. The last two or three times I've had it has been kind of rough. It is just OK but doesn't have much body to it. When you are used to drinking beer that has more flavor, Yuengling seems bland.

As for the original question about what to drink during the Spring/Summer, I'll get you more answers when I get a chance to try some of the early release seasonals in the next month or so. However, I think you'd be surprised at how well Fat Tire holds up in the summer. One beer that I think you would like is Red Hook ESB. Good flavor, far more hops than Fat Tire, but not nearly as much as an India Pale Ale. If you want Sierra Nevada, try their Pale Ale. Just switch from an Amber Ale to a Pale Ale is a decent general rule of thumb.
I think I tried the sierra pale ale late last summer, and I liked it. Red Hook ESB is written down in my little beer pad now too.
There are a ton of Pale Ales out there. Try em all if you can.
Damn shame you aren't over this way. I'm going to do a brewery tour at Troegs in like 2 weeks. I've had just about everything in their tasting room, but a friend of mine has never had any of their stuff. They have a few winter beers that I like and I can't wait to check out some of their summer stuff.
I just got a 24 pack of Costco-Kirkland beer, I think its brewed in California somewhere
Pages: 1 2