Dudebro Nation

Full Version: PS3 Hack: CoD Modern Warfare Users Bear the Brunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not long after the prolific hacker George "geohot" Hotz made the PlayStation 3 root key public, hackers have it easy to exploit the consoles and its software. The first casualties being Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (CoD: MW) series of games. Hackers have targeted CoD: MW multiplayer components, where players have to contend with simple cheats and vulgar messages on the status bars to serious instances of accounts being hacked.

Infinity Ward posted an acknowledgment on its forums essentially saying that nothing could be done to fix the issue as the Modern Warfare games rely on the platform encryption system, unlike Treyarch's Black Ops, which has its own independent security layer. To add insult to injury, Infinity Ward further informs, "At this time, we do not have the ability to restore or adjust individual stats," which is quite ironic as it's followed by a statement that promises, "We are looking at EVERY option available to us to help any user affected." Right... that sounds convincing.

It has instead requested players to play with friends on private servers and stay away from public servers. As dumb as it may sound, it is a prudent thing to do at the moment, given the sheer number of hacked servers that could compromise your account and stats for good. Then again, what's the point of a multiplayer game, when you can't abuse and humiliate complete strangers? Infinity Ward signs off the post with a promise to do away with platform dependent security, but that does nothing to assuage the massive losses of gamers, who are very, very angry at the developer. But look at the bright side, at least you can now dismiss your incompetency with a quick "u hax!!!" retort.
this happens to be, kind of what I expected. I always get hacked. 5 years ago, some sort of computer glitch/hack fucked up my paypal account. Drained 3,000 dollars out of my checking, then as a result, I bounced about 2,000 dollars worth of checks. I was sued, then garnished of my wages forever. anyway, I don't know. Hard to break a bottle on a head, or pistol whip an unknown person. I would just love to find the nerd that does this shit, then the other nerds, that can't do anything about it, then play my version of a first person shooter game with them.
I dont understand why people do this to others. What joy do you recieve from doing this?

If i had a friend who did this, i wouldnt talk to them anymore. Ive never been able to tolerate degenerates.

If you find them LeNeve, pistol whip em once for me
Brampton Wrote:I dont understand why people do this to others. What joy do you recieve from doing this?

If i had a friend who did this, i wouldnt talk to them anymore. Ive never been able to tolerate degenerates.

If you find them LeNeve, pistol whip em once for me
And hang them by their nuts while you pull em limb form limb.
Brampton has never had a problem with his PS3.
Joe Wrote:Brampton has never had a problem with his PS3.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
Brampton Wrote:

I'm busting your balls.
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I'm busting your balls.
Now I'm hurt Sad
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I'm busting your balls.
Now I'm hurt Sad

Well hey, at least your PS3 works!
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I'm busting your balls.
Now I'm hurt Sad

Well hey, at least your PS3 works!
This is true
Shouldn't this be in the video game section?
Pete Nice Wrote:Shouldn't this be in the video game section?

Oh shit... I'm really no good at this forums shit.