Dudebro Nation

Full Version: DBN trip to NYC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Oh boy... Confusedad:

I guess you are not happy with me going ahead and announcing a date for the convention. I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't do it to "screw over" other people. I am not like that. This was done because I felt that we had a majority of people expressing interest to come in order to have a successful function.

I hope no one thinks that I was "stealing" an idea. I had no prior knowledge of this forum planning a get-together before the second week of December. I had never signed up for this site before my first post, nor had I ever read anything here with any other aliases or other stuff that people like to do. I was thinking about having a big C&R get-together one day at work, and so I asked the moderators of the other forum what they thought if I tried to plan something. That is when I heard there was talk of a meeting here.

Edit - Actually, I remember sending Pete a message one day about a meeting, and he mentioned that this forum was planning something. I signed up to try to collaborate.

I have been talking back and forth at this forum for one month, and apparently the original thread for a meeting has been going on here since July 2009 with nothing still determined! Confusedhock: When it comes to C&R, I am very serious about things. I've had the ball rolling ever since I brought up my post on the other forum, and I was ready to go forward. I simply did not want to wait any more. Yesterday I decided that things were not coming together, and we might have to do 2 meetings. That's when I made the choice to announce a date. I suppose you call that, "Control+B"...we are men in 2010 after all.

I'm really sorry if the dates don't work for some/most of the people here. I'd love to add the June weekend onto the dates I announced for the convention. I said that on the air. If it's decided that some people can come on those days, I would add them immediately.

Believe me, I am not trying to spite or "one up" anyone. I want everyone to come that can come, but not everyone can come at one time. People have their own lives to lead and things to do, and I realize that. I can't wait for a few people when I have many other people that have decided they could attend. If we can all meet together over the week of June 7th, that would be awesome. If there's another date chosen to have a group of people from this forum attend, that's OK too.

Hopefully you understand.
I have to agree with Mercer/comment on a few points.

1. I know Mercer and he would never do anything to split the rift between the two forums or screw anyone over. Josh and Irish Ben would go out of their way to do so, but Mercer would never think of it. I am sure that Josh jumped all over the idea as soon as Mercer brought it up to him since he knew that we started discussing this over the summer and I am sure he was looking for a way to get back at us.

2. I also do not think Mercer stole the idea at all, get that thought out of your heads. But I do think Josh was more than willing to help take our idea, that he knew about, and turn it into TOMB's idea to one up us. It's bad enough DBN does not get credited for all the show bits and discussions that come directly from us only, instead it gets lumped into "our forums" followed by a plug for TOMB. I would like to see where all these people on TOMB would post if Covino read ONLY from the DBN IST on the air instead of reading ONLY from the TOMB IST like he does now. My bets are most of the casual posters would be over here looking to hear their name and post mentioned on the air.

3. So Mercer, did you also get the email about the MikeMcgee username that Josh, Dildo and others like to read DBN under b/c they are too much of pussies to show their faces and take the verbal abuse that they deserve? We have known about it for some time now. One of the mods over there told me a while ago, but we already knew. In fact T figured it out withing 24 hours of him signing up, she just could not confirm it.

I think what Mercer has done is great. Let's not take our anger out on him and let's not lump him in with the douchebags and fake pussies that we all know exist over at TOMB. The only thing that I personally think could have been done better....I think the dates for the TOMB trip should have been Wed to Fri. Besides that, I think Mercer did the best he could and understand all of his reasoning. I think if you can make these dates, you should come. I also think that we should piggyback our weekend trip (that most of you seem to want, and I also, instead of midweek) for the 11th to the 13th (sorry Derick). Obviously some people won't be able to make it, but hopefully it will be a yearly thing and next year you will be able to make it.

Let's keep voting and by the end of next week let's decide if we want to go the 11th to the 13th or a weekend in May and set it in stone.
Mercer I was completely on board for our original plan of showing up in April / May.... My situation is that my guy took yet another pay cut at work. Money has quickly become tighter than I previously anticipated. Mondays and Tuesday are nearly impossible to take off as I do employee payroll then.... As I have mentioned, next month will give me the best idea of whether I can make it. I'm tempted to see if it would be cheaper to drive and leave my car at the hotel and then use public trans, but we'll see.
Petey, I do not blame Mercer for anything... I know damn well who the douchebags are. They are the same dammn douchebags who are the very reason that I do not like to post on TOMB at all!! :flipoff: them.

Mercer, you are a cool ass dude.
beckster Wrote:Petey, I do not blame Mercer for anything... I know damn well who the douchebags are. They are the same dammn douchebags who are the very reason that I do not like to post on TOMB at all!! :flipoff: them.

I might need to delete this post. OH WAIT!!!! I am not JoshinWinnipeg, I don't need to delete posts just b/c you are a DBN member.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Petey, I do not blame Mercer for anything... I know damn well who the douchebags are. They are the same dammn douchebags who are the very reason that I do not like to post on TOMB at all!! :flipoff: them.

I might need to delete this post. OH WAIT!!!! I am not JoshinWinnipeg, I don't need to delete posts just b/c you are a DBN member.

Fuck, I have lost count on how many of my posts have been deleted or changed by those jerks... Legit ones too. They are out of control over there!
beckster Wrote:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:

Fuck, I have lost count on how many of my posts have been deleted or changed by those jerks... Legit ones too. They are out of control over there!

Mercer, I can not confirm this, as I have not been over there in a long time, but I believe Beckster. Might be something you might want to look into. Maybe there needs to be guidelines for Mods also, something in writing. It appears some of them are using their powers to carry out personal vendettas. That is the stuff that drove most of us away and it's continued application is the reason why people like Beckster, T, Iva, Joe and others, who used to post on both, no longer go to TOMB.

Just trying to help out.
I guess when it is all depends on whether or not I come up for a day or spend the weekend. It's only a 3 and a half hour drive for me. The biggest issue for me is money. Beleive it or not, I'm still trying to catch up from being unemployed for so long last year. The more time I have to save the better. I usually throw a pretty kickj ass party for the July 4th and that takes up a ton of my summer cash. Hopefully Kristen and I can put some money aside before it all happens so we can hang with you guys all weekend.
Oh my god, I just lost a huge post...stupid long messages. Guess I will try to make it more concise...you can skip to the big line if you want to read about the trip, ha.

I didn't know about the alias thing on here, but it doesn't surprise me because people do it all the time on internet message boards.

I'm sure messages got changed in the past...if it's still going on, that's sucky. If I ever changed a message, it was during the whole "Jenn situation" where we were asked by "higher powers" to monitor things. We have moderator logs. I don't think they're very specific though, but I can check. Admins can probably see more.

The one thing I will say is that I don't like when people promote other message boards with the underlying idea that a person should never come back to the original site for whatever reason. That can be construed as spamming or trolling, and I would have no problem editing or deleting posts like that.

Let's face it...people gravitate toward one place most of the time. It becomes their "favorite." The other forum is mostly made up of less incendiary people (I guess you could call that "fanboys," whatever...I'm a fanboy, haha). This forum is made up of some real firecrackers. Whatever type of person you are and how you view the show is probably going to point you to where you post and read more often. Rich likes to mention this forum a lot, and that's fine. Covino reads the other forum and does read it more on live on the show...but it's tied to their name and their website. It's going to be what they promote first. Hopefully they do reference points from this forum if that's where they come from.

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, onto the trip. Bottom line was I want C&R to be there for possible stuff at night...the best chance of them having nothing better to do is to do things in the middle of the week. I thought about them first and us second which I suppose wasn't the best thing. But, it would be pretty weird to have a get-together when the people we're wanting to meet won't be there, right? Friday would work for a show visit, but Covino normally flies out Fridays so he wouldn't be around. No matter what, people would have to take a day off to be on the show anyway. Weekends are better for sure, but if C&R aren't there or aren't free during the weekend, it would suck. We asked Rich about it, and we got positive feedback. I can tell Covino still isn't sure. Hopefully it's just because it's too far away to tell because of his family situation. I really, really hope he can be there, though...there are going to be people coming from a long way away for The Show.

Like I said, I'll keep monitoring the planning here. I will also be calling in to the show to update trip planning probably once a month. If it ends up that you can plan a trip for the weekend in June after the dates I announced, then I will most definitely add those days to the "official" ones. I will also call in and make sure I say that this forum has gotten together to bring some of its members in for the weekend. So, if listeners want to come during the week, or if listeners can only make it for the weekend, or if people can stay for the whole week (which would be best obviously Big Grin), we'll still have stuff going on.

At the end of the day, it's all for The Show. I am really passionate about it, so I wanted to take the lead in getting things done.

beckster - thank you! :-) I know things are rough out there which can make discretionary spending/trips difficult. I hope you can make it out sometime no matter when it is.

All right, that's all...definitely not said as well as my original post, but I timed out.
Wait a minute.... Mid week? I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have a job. Lame
Mercer, one thing I want to point out real quick, no one wants anyone to leave TOMB, go to DBN and never go back to TOMB. We have ALWAYS stated that people should post on both if they desire to. In fact it is encouraged. But if someone asks where to find something and the answer is on DBN, that post should not be deleted. That actually has happened recently. Big Fan was asking where something was, the answer was it was on DBN and Beckster's answer got deleted. I feel since DBN is related to the C&R show, if a DBN member posts on TOMB to check out something on DBN, that is a legitimate post and not spam. Heck, if a DBN member comes over and simply asks if anyone wants to check out DBN, that should be left. There is no reason why people should not explore every avenue of multimedia related to the C&R show and make their own decisions based on that.

As far as fanboys, Mercer, you are one for sure, BDH, Josh and some others also, but as a whole, I think DBN is more passionate. Just my honest opinion there. Why else would the members of DBN take getting shit on by the show and many TOMB members for 6 to 8 months before acceptance, yet still listen to the show, participate in a show forum and call the show. I do agree that TOMB may be a more relaxed and less passionate forum.

All in all, I think the problem lies in one person, who has influenced others to his way of thinking. And that way of thinking is to shit on DBN, although word on the street is there is some backpedaling going on now.

And another person who gets off on being a dick. But I like Irish Ben.
As far as the trip, you did the best that you could. You can't make everyone happy. I guess people here are just more vacation time and financially strapped than some people on the other forum are. The economy is shit, so that is no surprise.

I have stated that I would not expect Covino to be there is he has family obligations or wants to go to the West coast, or Rich or Spot for that matter.

I do think that they will try their best and maybe they can even get together people like Jose, Cullen, Alex D, Shannon Gunz, Sami J, Stanley T, Collie Bigguns, Dana Dane, Shawn the Lawyer, Sara, Layla, Dorothy, Kenny Dogooder, Scotty the Body, Mark Zito and Boss Cross to come meet the people as well.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:As far as the trip, you did the best that you could. You can't make everyone happy. I guess people here are just more vacation time and financially strapped than some people on the other forum are. The economy is shit, so that is no surprise.

I have stated that I would not expect Covino to be there is he has family obligations or wants to go to the West coast, or Rich or Spot for that matter.

I do think that they will try their best and maybe they can even get together people like Jose, Cullen, Alex D, Shannon Gunz, Sami J, Stanley T, Collie Bigguns, Dana Dane, Shawn the Lawyer, Sara, Layla, Dorothy, Kenny Dogooder, Scotty the Body, Mark Zito and Boss Cross to come meet the people as well.
are you fucking joking? :killme:
What's happening everyone? I just wanted to drop a line to say that I hope that many of you can make it to NYC in June! I look forward to my first trip to the Big Apple. The wife is not coming because she says that the is not going to waste her hard-earned vacation time for a weekend for dudes... ;-) BTW we are going to Europe later this summer for the first time too!
After reading this thread, I sure didn't realize the tension between the two boards! I had no idea that Confusedlap: was going on! I don't post on here hardly at all mainly because I was on the other board first and to be honest, I post from my cell during the day and it never even really occured to me to jump on here at that time! With me, what you see(or read) is what you get and that is how I roll. I appreciate both forums and maybe I will try and jump on this forum during the show sometimes and post! I never really gave it much thought though before now! Peace, my forum peoples, and have a good one!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:What's happening everyone? I just wanted to drop a line to say that I hope that many of you can make it to NYC in June! I look forward to my first trip to the Big Apple. The wife is not coming because she says that the is not going to waste her hard-earned vacation time for a weekend for dudes... ;-) BTW we are going to Europe later this summer for the first time too!
After reading this thread, I sure didn't realize the tension between the two boards! I had no idea that Confusedlap: was going on! I don't post on here hardly at all mainly because I was on the other board first and to be honest, I post from my cell during the day and it never even really occured to me to jump on here at that time! With me, what you see(or read) is what you get and that is how I roll. I appreciate both forums and maybe I will try and jump on this forum during the show sometimes and post! I never really gave it much thought though before now! Peace, my forum peoples, and have a good one!!!
Always good to see you posting over here Eddie.

There's not really tension between the two boards. There is just tension between a few people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8