Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Bubba is gone.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it looks like Bubba is gone. Confusedad:

The 101 3-7 spot doesn't have anyone listed. One can only imagine what bad decision Sirius will make next.

about 6 hours ago
Bubba the Love Sponge is off Sirius XM, to join the online RadioIO.com
Bubba's December 31 Tweets included this message: "As of midnight tonight, my name and all content will be removed from Sirius/xm." He previously wrote "I always had a glimmer of hope. But not after the phone call bean just got ten min ago."
It's important to note that Bubba's terrestrial-station morning show syndication is unaffected. It's based at Cox Radio's Tampa-market "Bone" WHPT (102.5) and is heard in five other markets.
Bubba the Love Sponge (Todd Clem) had been part of the Howard Stern-related "Howard 101" channel on Sirius XM, but he had been telling fans the chances of renewal were fading. He thanks his "Bubba Army" for its support in trying to win a renewal from Sirius XM, as Stern himself did. Now Bubba turns his attention to creating a multimedia show for RadioIO.com. (Check it out here.) The Tampa Board of Radio-Info.com hears that will begin a week from Monday (January 10) and will air almost immediately after his daily terrestrial radio show. More details coming in a Wednesday, January 5 press conference. Bubba tweet that "I'm scared. But also somewhat relieved. I'm my own boss now!"
This subforum will self destruct in 5 days.
It really sucks that Sirius will pay opera and Martha millions but let bubba walk.
On the bright side maybe they'll move C&R to that time slot on 101. Of course that's probably WAY to much to expect from those dolts at Sirius...
I'm hoping for a Jay Thomas move to that slot (he already does his Friday show there) and move CnR back to their later slot. I also think it is only a matter of time before Ellis is part of the lineup. I think it would be a huge f-off to CnR if Sirius were to move Jay and than move Ellis in or move Ellis to 101. Either way this sucks for Buba fans (which I'm not) but could make room for a positive CnR move.
The way I found this out was because Bubba and Ellis were going back and forth taking shots at each other on Twitter. The rumor was that Ellis was taking Bubba's spot on 101. Ellis did come back and say it was false.
JDubb Wrote:I'm hoping for a Jay Thomas move to that slot (he already does his Friday show there) and move CnR back to their later slot. I also think it is only a matter of time before Ellis is part of the lineup. I think it would be a huge f-off to CnR if Sirius were to move Jay and than move Ellis in or move Ellis to 101. Either way this sucks for Buba fans (which I'm not) but could make room for a positive CnR move.

Yeah, aren't Howard and Jay buds? I could see that happening. That way you'd get a show that doesn't make any sense off of 108 and complete an "old guard of guy radio" crew on 101. The "new guard" can take over and hopefully make 108 a good station again. I still think Ellis, Patrick, C&R, and Zito would be a solid lineup.

I'm still not sure if C&R want to have the afternoon gig again. They said they were starting to get used to working earlier and being done earlier in the day. Of course, they could have just been saying that to make it sound like they were happy. They would have a much bigger listening audience at that time of day, and that might be more important than Rich having to be at work for 12 hours like he was before.
Greg Mercer Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:I'm hoping for a Jay Thomas move to that slot (he already does his Friday show there) and move CnR back to their later slot. I also think it is only a matter of time before Ellis is part of the lineup. I think it would be a huge f-off to CnR if Sirius were to move Jay and than move Ellis in or move Ellis to 101. Either way this sucks for Buba fans (which I'm not) but could make room for a positive CnR move.

Yeah, aren't Howard and Jay buds? I could see that happening. That way you'd get a show that doesn't make any sense off of 108 and complete an "old guard of guy radio" crew on 101. The "new guard" can take over and hopefully make 108 a good station again. I still think Ellis, Patrick, C&R, and Zito would be a solid lineup.

I'm still not sure if C&R want to have the afternoon gig again. They said they were starting to get used to working earlier and being done earlier in the day. Of course, they could have just been saying that to make it sound like they were happy. They would have a much bigger listening audience at that time of day, and that might be more important than Rich having to be at work for 12 hours like he was before.

With Covino on the West Coast I'm sure an afternoon drive show won't be happening.
Hondo Wrote:On the bright side maybe they'll move C&R to that time slot on 101. Of course that's probably WAY to much to expect from those dolts at Sirius...

If they do that, a bunch of us won't be able to listen to the show anymore. My internet radio doesn't play Stern's channels
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:On the bright side maybe they'll move C&R to that time slot on 101. Of course that's probably WAY to much to expect from those dolts at Sirius...

If they do that, a bunch of us won't be able to listen to the show anymore. My internet radio doesn't play Stern's channels
really? we get it here in canada now, take a look
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I listen to Stern's channels on internet radio every day. They also just made Stern's channels available on smart phones as well.
In the past you couldn't get the stern channels with the internet free trial.
LeNeve Wrote:In the past you couldn't get the stern channels with the internet free trial.

Beckster is complaining about her stolen subscription.
If I wasn't getting it for six bucks a month right now, I would cancel.
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:In the past you couldn't get the stern channels with the internet free trial.

Beckster is complaining about her stolen subscription.

I pay for my Starmate, but there's no way I am willingly going to pay for the web version when it used to be included. Fuck that!
Pages: 1 2