Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday December 14, 2010 - Damn it's cold!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Pete Nice Wrote:Well, he is just greedy then.

How so? The average for BCS conference team head coaches is over $1.5 million dollars. OSU will give him close to $1 million to stay another year as OC. He's a hot commodity and will continue to be.

Plus, Pitt's talent could very well be far less than we think it is. At the beginning of the year I expected Pitt to run the Big East. I thought they'd have a guy in the running for the Heisman. They have no OL, their RBs are head cases, their QB can't throw better than my little sister and the WRs are unknown because of all of the above.

When he went to OSU, the talent level looked to be down a bit due to losing Dez Bryant, 4 of the 5 starting OL, had an old QB that had only played one half of football in the last 6 years, and a great RB that didn't play much the year before due to injury. What he got lucky with was that OSU has the best OL coach in the country in Joe Wickline. The RB became an All-American again as he was able to stay mostly healthy. One WR who had a grand total of 12 catches before this season, became the top WR in all of college football and the QB showed he had a great arm and mind for this offense. Some of that was coaching, some of that was player determination, some of it was just blind luck.
JDubb Wrote:Where did everyone go?
im here, dozed off for a bit
I was just finishing active duty in the army and in college in 1992
i started high school in 1992
Heading back to training, catch you all later. :cya:
I have no idea what they are talking about
Brampton Wrote:i started high school in 1992
:high5:

Farve. :roll:
I was just starting jr. high in 1992
Pokes28 Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Well, he is just greedy then.

How so? The average for BCS conference team head coaches is over $1.5 million dollars. OSU will give him close to $1 million to stay another year as OC. He's a hot commodity and will continue to be.

Plus, Pitt's talent could very well be far less than we think it is. At the beginning of the year I expected Pitt to run the Big East. I thought they'd have a guy in the running for the Heisman. They have no OL, their RBs are head cases, their QB can't throw better than my little sister and the WRs are unknown because of all of the above.

When he went to OSU, the talent level looked to be down a bit due to losing Dez Bryant, 4 of the 5 starting OL, had an old QB that had only played one half of football in the last 6 years, and a great RB that didn't play much the year before due to injury. What he got lucky with was that OSU has the best OL coach in the country in Joe Wickline. The RB became an All-American again as he was able to stay mostly healthy. One WR who had a grand total of 12 catches before this season, became the top WR in all of college football and the QB showed he had a great arm and mind for this offense. Some of that was coaching, some of that was player determination, some of it was just blind luck.

I say greedy, and he will pay for it. Historically assistants who spurn good jobs over money end up taking lesser jobs a few years later after the team they stay with has a subpar year. If OSU goes 6-6 next year, he will not be able to even keep his current job, let alone get a head coaching job.

Pitt's RB's are not headcases. The WR's are proven and good, even if Baldwin, an all american, does leave early, they still have at least 3 real good WR's. The oline is terrible and the QB is terrible. He also brings back most of a young defense that gained some real good experience this year due to injuries on the front 7.

He is making a mistake over $300K. If he had come in and taken the team to the heights that were expected out of this season, he would have been well compensated.

Screw him, I don't want him now. I want some one who WANTS to come to Pittsburgh and coach, not someone who just wants a payday.

I zoned out...
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I zoned out...

No one else was participating so I started doing other things.
i'm hungry, i have 15 minutes of work to do before i can eat, then I'm going to track down this person about this job
MY AFC playoff picks:

Pats, Steelers, Colts, Whale's Vagina win divisions

Ravens and Jets get wildcard.

San Diego beat Balt, Jets beat Colts

Steelers beat Jets, Pats beat San Diego

Steelers @ Pat Afc Champ game.
NFC:

Falcons, Eagles, Bears 49ers win division

Giants and Saints get WC

Giants over 49ers, Saints over Bears.

Saints over Falcons

Eagles over Giants