Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Billy Mays takes a dirt nap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Police: TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at home

Associated Press - June 28, 2009 12:33 PM ET

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa police say Billy Mays, the television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Authorities say Mays was pronounced dead Sunday morning after being found by his wife at home. There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

Mays' wife, Deborah Mays, says the family doesn't expect to make any public statements and asked for privacy.

Mays was also featured on the reality TV show "Pitchmen" on the Discovery Channel, which followed Mays and Anthony Sullivan in their marketing jobs.
Well, I didn't win the Death Pool. I bet some celebrities are starting to feel a little nervous wondering who's next.
Brian in NY Wrote:Well, I didn't win the Death Pool. I bet some celebrities are starting to feel a little nervous wondering who's next.
Well there goes the whole "They die in 3s" thing.
celebs dropping like flies around this joint
Thats why you should use Orange Glo in a well ventilated area.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Well, I didn't win the Death Pool. I bet some celebrities are starting to feel a little nervous wondering who's next.

Well I still say they die in 3s. You can't toss him in the "celeb" status yet. So you can't use that one. Unless 2 more people pop off this week. Then all bets are off lol
ap bikini team Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

Well I still say they die in 3s. You can't toss him in the "celeb" status yet. So you can't use that one. Unless 2 more people pop off this week. Then all bets are off lol

What do you mean "You can't toss him in the "celeb" status?" I'm pretty sure Covino called him the "Legendary" Billy Mays when he was on The Show.
So we're at 5 "Celebs" in the last 2 weeks, so we need at least 1 more. Death Pool rules still in effect

Carradine
McMahon
Fawcet
Jackson
Mays
ap bikini team Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

well if you count david carradine, then it's up to 5... one more to come to make 2 sets of 3
If I were Billy Mays, I would want to be cremated and buried in an Oxi-Clean Bucket [Image: 633329.gif]
so does that mean his show, pitchmen, is getting cancelled
brampton Wrote:So we're at 5 "Celebs" in the last 2 weeks, so we need at least 1 more. Death Pool rules still in effect

Carradine
McMahon
Fawcet
Jackson
Mays

My vote is Swayze! He's on borrowed time as it is.
Derick Wrote:so does that mean his show, pitchmen, is getting cancelled
Not at all. Haven't you ever seen Weekend At Bernies?
Will C&R have a tribute to Billy Mays today or sometime this week? Legend.
Rooski Wrote:Will C&R have a tribute to Billy Mays today or sometime this week? Legend.

Billy Mays got fame. Billy Mays got faaaaaaaaaaaaaame.