Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Street bikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are 2 bikes for sale in my area at the moment.

Bike #1: 1996 suzuki bandit 600s. Needs work. 750 bucks. Ask for Julia.

Bike #2: 2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000. 14,000 miles. 5,500 bucks.

I have not seen either bike. Are these good deals? They have both been in the paper forever.
Check KBB. Motorcycle prices (at least for Harleys) have really fallen with the recession. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the same thing with other makes.
LeNeve Wrote:There are 2 bikes for sale in my area at the moment.

Bike #1: 1996 suzuki bandit 600s. Needs work. 750 bucks. Ask for Julia.

Bike #2: 2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000. 14,000 miles. 5,500 bucks.

I have not seen either bike. Are these good deals? They have both been in the paper forever.
no. There was an 08 gxr750 that sold for 3900, with a ton of race parts and only 9000 miles. Also found an o6 gxr1000 5000 miles for less than 6000.

Now my opinion. Unless you've ridden a sport bike and know what the fuck your doing, DO NOT get a 1000cc bike. You will crash it.

Now the rest. 14000 miles is not a lot but its getting up there. If it was babied your good till about 25k then your gonna need a valve job and probably check the rings. If it was ridden like I ride mine, your gonna have to do that much sooner. Also check for scratches. if they go = then the bike was crashed. If they go this way || then most likely it just tipped over. Let me know if you have questions. I can probably answer then all
Derick Wrote:Unless you've ridden a sport bike and know what the fuck your doing, DO NOT get a 1000cc bike. You will crash it.

QFT
If you can get a bike that you just want to fuck around with for 750, that sounds pretty good. If you can do the work yourself, might be a good deal for a casual rider.
Hondo Wrote:
Derick Wrote:Unless you've ridden a sport bike and know what the fuck your doing, DO NOT get a 1000cc bike. You will crash it.

QFT
When I went to buy a ZX9R as my first bike the guy told me I'd either wind up dead or paying for a lot of repairs. I settled for a ZX6R and then moved to a 9R. If I bought another sport bike I think I may actually go for the 600 again because I liked it being so lightweight. The last Kawi 636 I rode felt like a bicycle with a hell of an engine attached to it.

It would be tough to buy a sporkbike now that I like 30 mins from the Harley plant though.
DaveP Wrote:If you can get a bike that you just want to fuck around with for 750, that sounds pretty good. If you can do the work yourself, might be a good deal for a casual rider.

I might go check it out. I like things I can tinker with, then stick in the corner of the shed. I'm a terribly lazy person. I still need to put the transmission in my wifes mountaineer. I need to build a motor, then put it in my camaro. I need to finish my bathroom project. I need to finish the demo on my rental house, then fix it back so I can make some money. I need to start winterizing my house.

Maybe I shouldn't be buying a fixer up motorcycle actually. Confusedad:
LeNeve Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:If you can get a bike that you just want to fuck around with for 750, that sounds pretty good. If you can do the work yourself, might be a good deal for a casual rider.

I might go check it out. I like things I can tinker with, then stick in the corner of the shed. I'm a terribly lazy person. I still need to put the transmission in my wifes mountaineer. I need to build a motor, then put it in my camaro. I need to finish my bathroom project. I need to finish the demo on my rental house, then fix it back so I can make some money. I need to start winterizing my house.

Yeah probably not a good idea. I thought you fixed the Mountaineer months ago
DaveP Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

Yeah probably not a good idea. I thought you fixed the Mountaineer months ago

the mountaineer is sitting in the used car line of the shop still. The transmission is in the shop. I might think about doing it this weekend. It's not fun working in that shop when it is hot out. It's finally cooled off.