Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Team name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you owned your own team and had to pick the team name, What would you call it?
I like this question.

Does it matter what tiny town you live in, or a shitty State that does not have a team?

So many have popped into my head, but they are all real cheesy, and area specific so far.
LeNeve Wrote:I like this question.

Does it matter what tiny town you live in, or a shitty State that does not have a team?

So many have popped into my head, but they are all real cheesy, and area specific so far.
You still haven't answered the question.
I was thinkin a lot of teams are either named after animals especially birds, places, or something that doesn"t even mean anything like the "browns" (racist??) or the "bills". what's a bill? dude's name? ,a $20 bill, or my phone bill?

I was thinking of going with something that sounded tough like the ct thunder or the north east domination.

Both those sound really lame though. It makes me think of pro wrestling or arena football.

Who picks the team names in the NFL anyway?
Any native American term is my first choice
Braves, chiefs, Seminoles, tomahawks etc
I like the Milwaukee Beers but I heard that on Baskitball.

When York Pa started their minor league baseball team, they had 4 possible names. You could stop at a local Rutters and vote for the best one.

York Dukes (makes me wanna drop one)
York White Roses (sounds :fag: )
York Choppers (as in Harley Davidson)
York Revolution (got the most votes)

York Choppers would've kicked ass. That had my vote.
Don't know how they came up with Revolution.
Brampton Wrote:Any native American term is my first choice
Why?So you continuously have to listen to them bitch that it is racist and they want handouts?
i bleed green Wrote:
Why?So you continuously have to listen to them bitch that it is racist and they want handouts?
My wife is native, her and her family think the people who complain are ridiculous.
My high school was named after a local tribe, and we were the Chiefs. I've always liked the native names, very proud and strong sounding
This is a tough one. Pretty much every name has been used at some time of another. I assume my team would be based out of Pittsburgh.

I can tell you this, there is no doubt my team colors would be black and gold.

As far at team name. Has there ever been a team flat out named the Pigs? The Pittsburgh Pigs. I like that. I like Power, that was the name of the minor league football team I played the longest for in Pittsburgh. The new arena team stole that name a few months ago. I also like the team name Gamma or Gammas, that was the short version of my fraternity, Gamma Phi.
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
My wife is native, her and her family think the people who complain are ridiculous.
My high school was named after a local tribe, and we were the Chiefs. I've always liked the native names, very proud and strong sounding

Your wife looks German. Is she a mix? Which tribe?
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

She's upper Cayuga, which is Six Nations.
She is also part Irish and French Canadian, she's the most Canadian person I know
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:My wife is native, her and her family think the people who complain are ridiculous.

She's upper Cayuga, which is Six Nations.
She is also part Irish and French Canadian, she's the most Canadian person I know
You married a French Canadian?What is wrong with you? :poke: :poke: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I had a football game on the original Xbox where you could name your team the Creampuffs.
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
To be fair: a name like Redskins is pretty racist.There's no way any team would get away with calling themselves the N****rs
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
To be fair: a name like Redskins is pretty racist.There's no way any team would get away with calling themselves the N****rs
Agreed...... But I'd support them
Pages: 1 2