Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tightening the budget at Sirius?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The latest on OPIE AND ANTHONY's contract negotiations with SIRIUS XM RADIO comes from a tweet from OPIE, telling his TWITTER followers that "(speaking for me) I want to continue, their current offer is a joke and an insult, waiting to see if they wake up, if not I have plans."
Other tweets dismissed fans' suggestions that a deal was done. The show's deal with the satellite company expires on OCTOBER 1st.
The show's longtime Exec. Producer STEVE CARLESI exited the show this week, and OPIE tweeted that "STEVE C wasn't fired by SIRIUS. His position was eliminated! That's right, folks, they eliminated the Producer position of our show!" He also said "STEVE was a soldier for 12 years and will be missed. Worked his ASS off!"
I was not a fan, but they need to keep Opie and Anthony on Sirius/XM. They have a lot of fans who are loyal and will buy the programming. But at the same time, O&A needs to be smart, in this economy, they need to take the offer if it is any more than their previous deal.

What's gonna happen with Howard? Is he going to leave, retire of resign? I personally think he should resign at a discounted rate, put out another 5 years and retire on the top of his game while he is still kind of young. I think if he leaves satellite he will not be happy going back to terrestrial. At the same time, Sirius can not afford to pay him what they paid him before or they will go out of business, so he would need to take a pay cut, and his ego may not let him do that.
The fall out begins!!!
Pete Nice Wrote:I was not a fan, but they need to keep Opie and Anthony on Sirius/XM. They have a lot of fans who are loyal and will buy the programming. But at the same time, O&A needs to be smart, in this economy, they need to take the offer if it is any more than their previous deal.

What's gonna happen with Howard? Is he going to leave, retire of resign? I personally think he should resign at a discounted rate, put out another 5 years and retire on the top of his game while he is still kind of young. I think if he leaves satellite he will not be happy going back to terrestrial. At the same time, Sirius can not afford to pay him what they paid him before or they will go out of business, so he would need to take a pay cut, and his ego may not let him do that.

I could care less about the show. I just thought it was odd they got rid of the producer.

It was nice knowing you Spot!
That's the sure way to keep your talent happy!

They put on a quality show. You might not be a fan, but you have to realize how many people they bring to the table. You lose them, and you lose a large chunk of subscribers.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I was not a fan, but they need to keep Opie and Anthony on Sirius/XM. They have a lot of fans who are loyal and will buy the programming. But at the same time, O&A needs to be smart, in this economy, they need to take the offer if it is any more than their previous deal.

I could care less about the show. I just thought it was odd they got rid of the producer.

It was nice knowing you Spot!
I don't get it. Who's head up the ass idea was that? Who's gonna produce the show.
I'm kinda glad I don't have a lifetime subscription.

this is what Howard always bitches about, the give oprah $50 mil and she doesn't do shit, but the people who show up everyday and work their asses off dont get shit.

Didn't they just give Glen Beck like $30 mil??

Sirius is stupid, and the people running it are running it into the ground
ap bikini team Wrote:You lose them, and you lose a large chunk of subscribers.

I don't like those subscribers anyway. They are douches. Proven Fact.
Joe In PA Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:You lose them, and you lose a large chunk of subscribers.

I don't like those subscribers anyway. They are douches. Proven Fact.

Yes, but sadly those douches pay just as much as us. And Sirius needs as many douches as possible. It's kind of smelly and not so summery fresh
I just can't believe how much they pay Oprah and Martha Stewart. And for what?!?! Jackshit! Fuck All!

They're are a lot of quality shows that don't get any love and don't make a tenth of what they make. It's pretty shitty.

:taterpie:
I put this on cause I haven't had an opportunity to yet and really wanted to.
cody Wrote::taterpie:
I put this on cause I haven't had an opportunity to yet and really wanted to.

You really didn't need to use it, but now that you did I am forced to Confusedlap: you