Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Lips of Faith beer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Belgium's latest in their authentic Belgium stylings has a very low product run beer called Lips of Faith. This will actually be a series of different styles of beer with their own interpretation.

The current one is called Dark Kriek (pronounced creek). It is marketed as a Sour Brown but in reality it is an amber Lambic done in the traditional method with one exception. In Belgium there are natural yeasts in the air whereas in Colorado, if there are, they probably aren't good for beer. Historically, Lambic were beer made by the poorest of the poor. They didn't have much so they would make a natural beer from what they had but it was very sour (not bitter as that would indicate hops which they didn't have). So they would use fruit to sweeten it up and now most Lambics you can buy are more like fruity champagne than actual beer.

Examples of traditional Lambic are Lindamans who make a Frambois (Raspberry), as well as a Peach, Apple, and cherry. It is expensive relative to the normal day to day beer.

I will get a bottle of this and maybe two from my buddy that is vacationing in Colorado. But at $16+ for a 22 oz bottle, it isn't for daily consumption.
I might have to go to the World of Beer Expo in Frankenmuth next year, they might have some of these beers to sample.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I might have to go to the World of Beer Expo in Frankenmuth next year, they might have some of these beers to sample.

Wait, what?
There's a beer expo up there?
Dude. I'm in.
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I might have to go to the World of Beer Expo in Frankenmuth next year, they might have some of these beers to sample.

Wait, what?
Dude. I'm in.

May 20 & 21 of 2011 is the next one
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Wait, what?
Dude. I'm in.

May 20 & 21 of 2011 is the next one

A week before my birthday...

Game on.